Thursday, September 11, 2014

Trends in Children's TV



Here's a cheerful little article I found on CNN.com:


A Mickey Mouse lookalike who preached Islamic domination on a Hamas-affiliated children's television program was the victim of a pretend beating death in the show's final episode Friday.

The Mickey Mouse lookalike urged Palestinian children to fight Israel in the Hamas-affiliated kid's program.

In the final skit, the "Farfour" character was killed by an actor posing as an Israeli official trying to buy Farfour's land. At one point, the mouse called the Israeli a "terrorist."


"Farfour was martyred while defending his land," said Sara, the teen presenter. He was killed "by the killers of children," she added.

The weekly show, featuring a giant black-and-white rodent with a high-pitched voice, had attracted worldwide attention because the character urged Palestinian children to fight Israel.


Now, some people may think that this is a horrible thing for kids to see, but I think that it's just the new wave of political Saturday morning children's programming, like Meet the Press and Hardball. In fact, Militant Mouse has inspired several ideas for children's cartoons that I am currently pitching to the networks. Which is YOUR favorite?


Yogi Ybarra:

Yogi and his diminutive sidekick Paco torment and frustrate bumbling Minuteman Militia member, Cletus. Cletus is determined to stop Yogi and Paco from stealing pic-i-nic baskets and fruit-picking jobs. Cletus doesn't want a fruit-picking job, though. He just doesn't like bears.

In the final episode, Cletus and some of his pals finally catch up to happy-go-lucky Yogi and pessimistic Paco and club them to death.



Darfur Duck:
It's always open season on sassy but luckless Darfur Duck, as dogged but hapless hunter Elmer Janjaweed is hot on Darfur's trail. Darfur manages to temporarily evade Elmer by disguising himself as a rabbit and by posting 'no hunting' signs.

In the final episode, frustrated Elmer corners Darfur Duck and blows his beak off.


Chechyn Little:

Poor Chechyn Little keeps seeing and hearing strange things. Scared out of his wits, Chechyn Little tries in vain to tell the world that the sky is falling in on him. The world grows tired of Chechyn Little's story and remote location and turns its attention elsewhere.


In the final episode, the sky falls on Chechyn Little and squashes him.


Keep your eyes peeled for air times, kids!







30 comments:

~d said...

Heya Bug, I know you have a lot going on and if you cant answer my comment, well I will boycott you forever and like steal all the hot chicks on your blog roll! HAHAHA
Seriosuly, no worries, man. Work on that school stuff and let us play here in the comments. But for GOD'S SAKE! Don't come in and ruin our fun like you did with Pink and I!

GUESS WHO!!

my new fav...

Bugwit said...

Tildy:

Geez! Enough with the Andy Gibb Already! If the guy wasn't dead, I'd go kill him!

Don't worry, I won't be spoiling anyone's good time!

What? No comments on the little post I put together just to make you happy?

(This one's gonna be a low comment post, I can feel it).

~d said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bugwit said...

This could go on for a while...what do you call her? SH?

Spilling Ink said...

Ogoodgod... I see I'm not missing anything good by not watching tv.

ChickyBabe said...

And I thought cartoons were for kiddies! Just like the Simpsons and Family Guy...

Anonymous said...

We should get you an agent!

Bugwit said...

Lynn:

No, you're not missing much. But I will fully expect you to not miss a single episode of MY shows, even if thay are crap!

Chickybabe:
Ha! Even Bugs Bunny had jokes that I didn't get until I was an adult. Got to love the old WB cartoons!

Elizabeth:

You have someone in mind? Have your people call my people.

Eddie said...

sounds like some hell of a show..

M said...

ROFL
at least it's...educational?

Bugwit said...

Eddie:

Nothing like having your kids watch their cartoon pals pummeled to death, huh?

M:
It's a thin line between education and propaganda, huh? What sort of indoctrination do you inflict on your charges?

Citymouse said...

this is why i miss the Ray Rayner show

~d said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Your Friend said...

LOL

"blows his beak off"

Too funny, Mr Bug.

Or maybe I'm just a sick bunny, for finding this all just a tad bit too amusing? lol

Happy 4th to you...

Bugwit said...

Citymouse:

I had to look up Ray Raynor. Looks like he was local to Chicago. Every city seems to have had something like that. In Phoenix, it was Wallace and Ladmo. In Oklahoma City, it was Foreman Scotty, the ranch hand. I haven't thought of that show in years. Thanks!

Tildy: But I LIKE bone kitty!


Peanut:

You are one sick person if you think my jokes are funny! ;-)

Happy 4th to you, too!

Your Friend said...

LOL

ssshhhhh... the fellas in the white coats don't know I sneaked / snucked out yet!!!!! lol

Pink said...

These days, unfortunately, your cartoons could be all too relished by a large community of East London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester...need I go on?

Bugwit said...

Pink:

I'll go on...Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Dallas, Houston, and most any American suburb.

Bugwit said...

Peanut:

Don't worry, if they catch me first, I won't rat you out!

Chicky Pea said...

Bug,

Come to my new home thingscanalwaysbeworse.blogspot.com. I'm back!!!

~d said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chicky Pea said...

~d - LOL, where do you get this stuff?

Bugwit said...

Drunken bone Kitty. Heh.

~d said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bugwit said...

Where DO you find that stuff???

:-)

missy said...

A big hello from Transylvania, Romania!

love, missy xx

PS. Will come back to read when I am back in London on Tuesday!

Bugwit said...

Hey, Missy!

If I start hearing about vampire attacks in London, I'll know who's responsible!

Seeker said...

Chechyn Little is my favorite! The world's fallen on me, too! I'm actually recovered from being only 2 dimentional - Used to be "a walking wall to nowhere, sighing crumbled age..." (from an old poem I wrote once).
Can you be squashed inside-out? Would you then be in Toon-Land? Would the world fall on the sky?

Bugwit said...

Interesting - Can we be squashed inside-out? I think the term you are looking for is implode!
And we can all certainly implode.

Tits McGee said...

::applause::