Thursday, September 11, 2014

More Memery!

Tania Pinks tagged me with a sort of interview/meme. She asked some great questions, too.

Here they are:

1. If you could be a character in any novel, who would you be? Why?

This is a hard one, just because there are so many great books out there, but some of my favorite characters have been a bit unsavory. But, if I choose someone virtuous like Frodo Baggins or Aragorn, then the nerd alert rings out rather loudly (what do you mean it's too late?).

So...there's Milo Minderbinder from Catch 22. He was the supply officer whose commercial side-dealings (the syndicate) became so powerful that eventually he had the whole American and German armies working for him. But then he took a beating on Egyptian cotton, so maybe not.

Milo is more ambitious than I really want to be, so instead, I'll take Grandpa Joad from The Grapes of Wrath. All he wanted from life was to sit naked in a tub of fresh-picked grapes and squish around in them.

2. What do you like best about Arizona?

I love Arizona for the hiking. The landscape is so varied: there are deserts (of course) but also 12,000 foot snow-capped peaks, volcanoes, canyons, forests of both the pine and deciduous varieties, high plains and rolling hills. We got it all. Except an ocean. An ocean would be nice.

3. If you had to come back as an animal, which one would it be?

I'd say a Bonobo Chimp (a particularly promiscuous variety of primate), except that monkeys disgust me. It would be nice to run as fast as a Cheetah, but they actually have rather difficult, short lives.

Some sort of large bird would be nice. A soaring bird would be cool, except I don't want to eat carrion. That's worse than being a monkey. An owl, then. They are big, quiet and have great night vision.


4. You have the chance to go on holiday alone, where would you go and what would you do?

I would want to go on a world tour, visiting my blog friends. I would start in London and walk Battersea Park with Pinks, then go people-watching in Piccadilly Circus with Missy. Then on to drink too much in the cafes of Paris with Winters. Then it's on to perving at Bondi beach with Chickybabe in Sydney and renting movies with M in Melbourne. On the way home, I'd have to go pub crawling with Kat in Toronto and then get some gumbo and distribute some beads on Bourbon Street with Tildy.

Then I'd sleep for a week.


Addendum: But before I did any of that, I'd have to hit Niagara Falls with Les. But I'm NOT going to any bars with you, unless you promise not to hang with other guys! ;-)



5. What would you like for your next birthday?

See above.

I'll set up a Paypal account for those who want to contribute to the Bugwit World Tour.



.............

The method of spreading this meme seems to be by taking volunteers, so if you would like five questions from cub reporter Bug Witt, just raise a paw!



.......................

22 comments:

Pink said...

A tub full of grapes eh? I prefer the fermented ones ;)

Great answers Bugsy. Thanks for playing!
xx
pinks

ChickyBabe said...

It would be a pleasure to take you perving, and not just at Bondi Beach! Just make sure you're here in summer.

And we'll have a few drinks in the sun... because once you've met PI Winters in Paris, I want to know all about him!

Anonymous said...

Bug, I look forward to that meeting in Paris. And instead of telling Chicky-San all about it, perhaps we could invite her along.

And the Reverend Pinks and all the other fine folk you mention are invited, of course. :)

I love the character from a novel question, and your answers to it.

I'll have to say, predictably, that Philip Marlowe would be my choice, as featured in any Chandler book, but especially "Farewell my Lovely."

Joni said...

A Bonobo Chimp - LOLOLOL

What guy WOULDN'T want to come back as a Bonobo?! (ok, I wouldn't be opposed to it either)

The world tour does sound nice though.

Chicky Pea said...

I didn't even rate a visit? Hmphf!

Bugwit said...

Pinks: You got it, toots! Thanks for the questions, they were fun!

Chicky: Let's see, your next summer would be our last Winter, so...oh, damn, I'll just show up. I got a 50/50 shot.

And yes, can't wait to hang out with you and talk about other guys. Guys love that. ;-)

Winters: I like the idea of everyone just going to Paris. Chicky did volunteer for that once before, didn't she?

I have never read any Raymond CHandler, but I sure love the movies that were made from his books. I'll have to go find Farewell my Lovely.

Joni: I would have included North Cackalacky on my tour, but I was afraid I'd be put to work building a pool!

I think Bonobos have life figured out: Sex is the answer to everything!

Les: I have corrected the situation.

When I was writing this, I looked down my blogroll to remind me of who I should visit, but you aren't there!

Chicky Pea said...

LMAO. Gosh, Bug, I don't know if I could keep that promise. Some things just can't be helped :-)

Bugwit said...

That's it! New York is off the itinerary! ;-)

Pink said...

Paris? I could do Paris...

~d said...

so if you would like five questions from cub reporter Bug Witt

***If I can (please) have DIFFERENT questions, than I would LOVE to play!)
(smile)
Bourbon Street! Here WE
come!!

Bugwit said...

Pinks: What with the email kicking back? You on hiatus?

Tildy: Five questions comming up! I'll ask them as we throw beads!

Molly said...

Gosh! Who would I be? Hmmm. I am glad these are your questions!
You seem to have put alot of thought into your answers.
I like them all!

Bugwit said...

Molly: LTNS! I didn't put that much thought in. I'm known for being thoughtless. ;-)

Spilling Ink said...

Unh! There's ocean in Florida and I didn't make your world tour? *sniff*

Bugwit said...

Lynn: Man, I really to myself in trouble with this one!

I didn't include your neck of the woods because it seemed like a visit would just stress you out!
:-)

I'm too practical even with my fantasy plans!

((((Lynn))))

Kat said...

It would take more than one night to crawl around T.O. ;o)

ChickyBabe said...

For a chance to be in Paris AND meet Winters PI AND Bug AND sit in a literary cafe near st-germain for hours then move to a wine bar for the evening... sigh... I'm on my way!

ChickyBabe said...

Ah... but Bug, we'd also perve on women together!

~d said...

I DID IT!! the meme that is. (smile)

Bugwit said...

Kat: However long it takes! It's my fantasy, right?

Chicky: How can you tell the literary cafe's from the illiterate ones? ;-)

I'm sure you'd make an excellent wing man!


Tildy: I'll be right over to have a look!

Bugwit said...

PS: As would I! ;-)

Toby said...

If she loves you and she hates you she'll go out of her way to fuck you.