Thursday, September 11, 2014

I'm It! (Thanks, Tildy)

So I've been tagged: seven habits and seven favorite songs...hey, maybe I can combine the two! Think of the labor savings! I'll be rich!

*rubs hands together greedily*

Not being accustomed to meme-ery, I have to think about this a bit...okay, that's long enough.

............

Seven habits...followed by an appropriate song.


1. When I go to bed, I turn on my phone/mp3 player, put in on my 'mellow' play list and read until I fall asleep. All of these songs are from that play list. Some day, someone is going to call me when I'm just drifting off and Weezer's Buddy Holley (my ring tone) is going to make me jump out of my skin.

Song one: When You Sleep - Cake

2. When someone says something insulting to me, I dwell on it for days. It shocks me, then it pisses me off, then it depresses me. Finally, I let it go and rise above.

Song two: A Remark You Made - Weather Report

3. When customers (yes, they are people, too...most of them) say rude things to me, I do just the opposite. Instead of dwelling on it, I find it amusing. Everything bounces off of me and I kill them with kindness. Last week, I got a rude customer to apologize profusely just by refusing to get down and dirty with him.

Song three: Bullet-Proof Soul - Sade

4. When things get bad, I want to travel. I think it goes back to being a kid when we moved every three years. I knew that if I didn't like my social situation, I just had to wait a while and I'd be out of there and on to something new.

Song four: Come Away With Me - Norah Jones

5. I turn to sex when I'm feeling low. I don't drink that much (more recently my intake has increased, but never more than three drinks in a night), and sex seems to provide the comfort I need.

Song five: Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye

6. I don't like to wait in line. I will jump from checkout counter to checkout counter depending on which line seems to be moving fastest. If there is more than one line at the movie box office or concession line, I make the person with me get in another line to see who will reach the front first.

Song six: Waiting in Vain - Bob Marley

7. When I make a mistake, I often look to see how I might turn it to something positive. Life sucks if you never learn or change your ways. Your own missteps often lead to opportunities if you know how to turn them.

Song seven: Brilliant Mistake - Elvis Costello



..............

14 comments:

Pink said...

ha. thats great!

I went the opposite way (sorta) on the travel thing. I may travel far to put down my suitcase, but when I do...I tend to stay for about a decade. Even if I don't love it, it takes me a long long time to feel that I'm done with it. I realised that I love New York (where I lived 7 years) so much more than London...but I keep saying 'give it a chance'. But then I realise I've been here almost 5 years!

Sex is a great thing - as long as everyone is willing. IMHO, we, as a culture pile too many rules on sexuality. Its a gift from the universe and can give a taste of the transcendence of meditation. Course I've never reached that transcendence in meditation...but I hear the yogis using the sex analogy to entice me to sit ;)
xx
pinks

Spilling Ink said...

Hey, Bug. I really like this Meme. I like the way you formatted it. Very creative. I really like your bedtime routine. It sounds so pleasant. You have inspired me to have a look at my own to see if I can come up with something more distracting or comforting than what I have. Perhaps I try to 'rough it' too much in the area of sleep.

ChickyBabe said...

I need absolute silence to sleep! Can't imagine listening to music... I'd be up singing all night.

~d said...

I am so totally the opposite abt lines. I ENJOY waiting in lines-esp at holiday times, b/c most people are jumpy and pissy...so I get my JOLLIES! by watching them and continuing to be pleasant...and smiley!

Thank you for playing with me!
HURRAH!

Bugwit said...

Tania: THanks. No, not interested in sex where someone is not willing or even pretending to be unwilling.

Lynn: It is very relaxing and I never get more than a few pages read.

CB: I hear you on needing silence. There have been times when I felt the same. White noise is sometimes good - a fan or sea sounds. But these days, mellow music works just fine.

Tildy: You mess with those Christmas shoppers, don't you? No playing with the zoo animals!

:-)

Chicky Pea said...

Look how creative you were with the Meme. I like how you did that. Very cool.

~d said...

OMIGOD! I am so totally NOT the person you want to take out in public...HAHAHA

M said...

I'm the same with music and sleep. Also the tele sends me to sleep too. Back when I was insomniac during high school, the only thing that would finally claim me was listening to the radio on my walkman. When I was a kid I used to listen to storybook tapes to send me to sleep. I don't like a lot of hustle and bustle but some is good.

Mackenzie said...

You and I are pretty much seperated at birth. I dwell to the point of anxiety and then a month later I won't even remember what happened. And, if sex were a drug it would be the drug that made me feel pretty. My boyfriend thinks I'm insatiable, but it's just that I want to feel good about myself and I use sex to do that.

Bugwit said...

ChickyP: Why think you? Creative or lazy? You decide.

Tildy: Well if you like messing with angry Christmas shoppers, I think I want in! ;-)

M: There is nothing that will knock me out faster than a televised baseball game. You probably don't get many of those at home, but I'm guessing that Cricket will serve as an excellent substitute.

BV: Sounds about right. Yes, sex makes me feel pre... um, good about myself. Lack od sex makes me feel ugly. That, and someone calling me ugly (see previous subject).

Tell your boyfriend to shut up, climb aboard and thank his lucky stars. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I identify very strongly with numbers two and four, Bug.

I tend to avoid confrontation, and either have to go through a lengthy internal battle like the one you describe in two, or take off as you describe in four.

Though I'm trying to look these more in the eye lately...

Cheers, my friend.

Bugwit said...

Good for you, Winters. The confrontation sucks, but I always feel worse if I let it go.

Molly said...

5. I turn to sex when I'm feeling low.
This is very easy for a female to do. It is not safe. It can be self degrading.
I am understand this all too well.

Sade. Gosh! I forgot about her smooth voice! I used to love Smooth Operator.

Bugwit said...

Molly: I hear what you're saying...sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

I love Sade. No Ordinary Love still kills me.