Thursday, September 11, 2014

Avatar Contest!

Okay, so I've decided to break down and use an avatar. I have decided that I must have a signature symbol that expresses my very essence; that defines me as a person. Something that tells everyone at a glance what I am all about. Or something funny. Whatever.

The first thing that came to mind was a picture that I used in conjunction with my Nicki piece. It was a painting entitled Spooning (seen below left), although I have to admit that it depicts a scene in which actual spooning does not seem imminent. Thirty minutes away, maybe.

In fact, just to prevent any misconceptions, I removed the 'Bugger, Bugger, Bugwit' from my
banner. Given the position of the couple portrayed in the painting I'd hate people to get the idea that I'm all about the back door. I'm not sure that's the personal essence I'm trying to convey.

So, I'm still searching for an avatar, and to help move that project along, I've decided to hold a contest! Woo!

So, if you think you have a good avatar for me, send your suggested pictures, posters or whatevers by link or e-mail (b.homilies@gmail.com) and I'll select a winner. It should reflect your perception of me, and what you think reflects my personality. Or at least be funny. Feel free to also suggest a prize! The winner should get something for their efforts, right?

Thank you in advance for your submission. Not that I'm into dominance. If I was, I wouldn't thank you.


.....

17 comments:

~d said...

(haha...thank you for your submission...)

Pink said...

you might thank us...but then spank us...

Bugwit said...

Tildy: You submission is inevitable! Okay, you got a suggestion?

Tania: Yank me, crank me, but don't wake me up to thank me!

Okay, enough!

Suggestion for the contest?

Spilling Ink said...

Hi, Bug. I have been thinking about an avatar as well, but have no idea where or how to get one. I don't know how it works. Is it just any picture that can be uploaded as the blogger profile picture?

Bugwit said...

Lynn: Yep, blogger profile picture. It has to be a link, a wen address. If you need to put one of your own pics on there, use photobucket or flickr or something.

Kat said...

thinking

~d said...

ACTUALLY, I do have a suggestion...
make a word cloud!

(smile!)

~d said...

CRAP ASS!!!

I like THIS site MUCH better!!!

Chicky Pea said...

Okay, I'm sending two.

Kat said...

oops! busy weekend...still thinking ;o)

ChickyBabe said...

Something that signifies wit... judging by your play on words!

Pink said...

hmm...i dunno how to use an avatar thingy...i like the idea of bugs..but then I was a tomboy and used to get fascinated watching bugs.

xx
pinks

Bugwit said...

Thank you for your submissions, folks!

WHat do you think of this one?

~d said...

how abt this one?

~d said...

the pic looks like the road where the guy (you?) was on a bike and something abt a car almost getting hit and the young girls from the pub were walking with their (dad?).
It is a pretty pic.

Bugwit said...

Kat: Okay, stop thinking! I did a long time ago!

Pinks: THought you were off in deepest Africa! Probably would not be hard to find something bug related!

Chicky: Well, I'll shoip for witty!

TIldy: Um, thanks?

Actually, that happened on a downtown sidestreet. THis is the road to a castle in Germany, way out in the middle of nowhere. And there along the raod was this tiny chapel.

guinevere said...

This is great. I like how each of your blogs change the comments section. I like this avatar contest. I don't remember how I found mine. Over a year ago for 360.
Guin