Thursday, September 11, 2014

Flamingoes, Flowers, Forgetfulness



Insomnia drives me late at night
Sailing easy through the desert, windows down
The perfume of paper flowers
And the cleansing scent of cassia
Tousles my hair and sifts through my fingers

The mountains lie face up in silhouette
The sky soaks up the moonlight
I tune in the oldies station,
the Flamingoes croon to me
Shoo-bop-doo-wop, Shoo-bop-doo-wop

My love must have been a kind of blind love
For I could see no one but you
My head was clouded, not bright
I never thought you would deny love
But now I think I understand why

You were there, so was I
We’ve seen the millions pass by
But I’m remembering that I am someone beautiful
Despite all the things that you said
You were so lucky to know me

My love must have been a kind of blind love
For I overlooked the cracks and flaws in the facade
How did this happen, what were the odds
But not everything is pure chance
And I have finally realized all that has been

Though the moon was so high
Not a thing in the sky could I have seen
So I’ve turned my face back to the Earth
Now I’m driving through the desert
And I only have eyes for me

....

11 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

Oh, Bug, I LOVE this. I only have eyes for me right now, too. It's been a long damn time, huh?

Bugwit said...

Lynn: Indeed, it's been a long time. I see you had a flurry of posting reccently. I'll send you a few comments today.

~d said...

Hella WOW!
Bug this is good stuff!

BTW I like the avatar you are using RIGHT NOW...clouds, greenery...very peaceful.

Bugwit said...

Tildy: Hella thanks! ;-)

It borrows from someone else's work, sort of, but you know what they say, the ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit!

Thanks on the avatar, too! There's ocean in there, too!

M said...

gorgeous words and the way you arranged them bug.

ChickyBabe said...

I like how it ends... and how the blindness unveils to reveal what it is that you see.

Bugwit said...

M: Thank you ma'am. If I wasn't so busy/lazy I would have used the mp3 player you shwed me and put up the song to set them mood. :-)

Chicky: It's all about ME, Chicky! :-)

BirdMadGirl said...

Beautiful :)

Vilma Rubi said...

Magnikfic, tre jolie!
Fantastic!

Bugwit said...

valyna: Muchas gracias!

Vilma: Merci!

Capital I said...

I like this! Thanks for writing so nicely and choosing my photo to go with it.