Thursday, September 11, 2014

Taxes, Visitors



Howdy, super blog friends. Sorry Bugwit has not posted for a week. He's had his head buried in doing his taxes. But before he can do his taxes, he has to do his bookkeeping for 2006. Then he can do his corporate taxes. And state corporate taxes and then his personal federal taxes and then his personal state taxes. Fuck! It enough to turn a man Republican! I need a study break!

Last week, I got an e-mail from an old friend of mine saying, "Hey, we're coming into town next week, can we stay at your place?" Of course the answer is absolutely yes, but now we get to clean the house, do the spring landscaping and all the little fix-it stuff around the house we've been putting off. Ive heard that some people do that even when guests AREN'T coming, but those people are show-offs.

Well, it will be good to see my friend and his wife and 12-year-old girl again. We saw them last summer for the first time in ten years. If you've read Never Dance with the Commanders' Wife, You'll recognize him as the the South African guy with the razor-sharp wit. Oh, yes, and their little girl, who is a sweet as can be (really!), wants to go to the Renaissance Fair. Gonna get my joust on. Hmmm...

So, here's to early tax preparers and those that keep the house in ready-to-visit condition at all times: I hate you.

Do you keep the house ready to go? Do your taxes early? Or do you need something to prod you?

And speaking of prodding and taxes, I just found this picture. Where do you suppose they put the meter? What's the measure used for taxation purposes.? Is it a user fee, a proportional tax, a luxury tax, a sales tax, an extraction fee? Is it progressive or regressive? Do you pay as you go? Where do you file the forms? I really want to know!

.....

15 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

I see that you are slammed with work as I am, Bug. I do tend to procrastinate a bit with some things, but nearly always with taxes. It's a huge pain.

M said...

I never do anything ahead of time. EVER. Things get done when they absolutely - last resort I'm going to kick your arse if you don't - need to. Still haven't done my taxes from last year in fact.

ChickyBabe said...

I pay my accountant to do it, but grumble at all the preparations I have to do!

Chicky Pea said...

Where do you find any time for yourself? To maybe just sit back, and, um relax? You are a busy, busy guy!

Bugwit said...

Lynn: Yeah. Of course, I could just do my bookkeeping as I go through the year, but then I couldn't bitch as much!

M: You mean last year as in 2005? That IS procrastinating! You win!

CB: I would pay my accountant to do it, but after BEING an accountant for 15 years, I can't really justify paying someone else. I would SO do it, but it would be embarrassing!

Boots: You know, it's just work, work work over at my place. No ME time! Well, maybe a well-deserved break will come along one of these days.

Chicky Pea said...

Buggy - you really should try to sneak in a little ME time. It's always nice if you can find someone to help you out with that too. Sometimes it's hard to know what to do with yourself.

~d said...

I know who the guy is! I know!
LALALA!
I KNOW!
I read.

Bugwit said...

CP: Well, someday, maybe!

Tildy: Cool! Thanks for remembering! Love the new avatar!

Chicky Pea said...

Oh, and Buggy, I posted a new pic.

Kat said...

I've never heard of such tax. I'm going to have to look into this. What I want to know is, how do they keep track?

Bugwit said...

KAt: Exactly! Do they put a meter on something? IS it a transaction fee (ie: per orgasm) or a user fee? (stroke count, maybe?). Should those who take longer to 'reach Nirvana' be disproportionately taxed? Do pre-mature ejeculators deserve a tax break?

What if you don;t pay your taxes? Does some sort of sexual meter maid come by and put a boot on you?

If there is an area of town where you want to encourage reproduction, do you establish a sexual development zone?

THe questions are endless!

Pink said...

in my case its a luxury tax :(

i know what happens when you don't pay your taxes. I was an evader in my twenties.

there's a little thing called a chastity belt. its worse than a boot.

xx
pinks

Bugwit said...

Tania: Well, in my case, I'm getting a refund! :-)

elizabeth said...

I think you may have put waaaay too much thought into this... pst - I work for the sex taxers. I can give you the 411 but I'll need to tax you first... *smirk*

Bugwit said...

Elizabeth: Where do I deposit the money? :-)